The holidays are upon us, and that means shopping for bigger pants! Wait a minute, do you really want to commit to this future? While the holidays are traditionally full of overeating, days of sugary cocktails, cookies, pie, and more, those of us here at Alexis Diner in NJ know that you can still have fun without popping those buttons. Read on to find out our favorite tips for a holiday season without the weight gain.
- Make a plan. You know you’re going to grandma’s house for dinner, and then out with friends for “friends-dinner” and drinks… so don’t stuff yourself to bursting at both! Whether you’re enjoying one holiday meal or many, plan in advance to make healthier choices.
- Skip the leftover line. This is particularly true for big meals—you may feel compelled to “eat up” all those leftovers. Instead, consider buying less food, exploring catering in New Jersey that will provide exactly as much food as you need, or sending the extras home with guests.
- Stay active. Just because you’re planning a marathon food-fest later doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still aim for 30 minutes of vigorous activities per day!
- Watch the beverages. A large soda can add 200-300 calories to your meal… enjoy water instead and balance out that slice of pie!
- Make time to sleep. Most people overeat when they’re hungry or stressed, and the holidays are the prime time for these issues! Get your 7-9 hours of sleep per night to help your body stay regulated and content.
We hope these tips can help you to have a happy, healthier holiday season! Of course, if you want a break from all the festivities at home, head on over to Alexis Diner in Denville! We are open throughout most of the holiday season and a have a variety of low-calorie, low-fat, and other healthy food options for a change of pace.